Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Humble Beginnings II: Epic Fail

" Amidst the black void, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector... "

Adapted from AC4

I stumble out of the station bar, then make my way back to my hangar. With a stupid grin, I slide into my pod. The goo surrounding me makes me think of an ant caught in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

My camera drone zips between my ships... Taranis. Why the hell do I have an industrial like that in my hangar? Ugh. Caldari Shuttle? A fearsome fighter, but its autocannons could have a tough time destroying sentries... hmm... Heron?

Why do I have one?! I can't use lasers!!!

Then, I see it.

BRUTIX.

Why the hell do I have a Titan in my hangar?

Screw it.

I hop in and undock. Another Brutix is sitting on the undock, and this station is looking pretty big. Could be rough, but the other Brutix docks. Neutral Ishkur warps in at 30 clicks and starts to close distance.

I try to use my DDD, but it turns out to be a dud. Just makes a bunch of blue circles start coming out from my Brutix.

Ishkur hits ten miles. Screw it, I'm in a Titan, I can tank sentries!

Web away! Blasters on! Target shields vaporize, but armor proves to be tough.

Damn reps. Damn AFs. Oh well, I could be here for hours tanking sent--
Wait.


Why is there a stream of gas shooting out of my Brutix? Must be my DDD finally going off.

Why is my Brutix gone? DDD musta backfired.

Pod escapes. Good.

GCC fades, grab a one of those damn industrials. Seems to be moving fast today. 600 m/s. 4km/s with mwd...

Watching local. Ishkur pilot finds Brutix pilot... ratting?

Ishkur pilot engages Brutix despite a local Scorpion pilot's warning that he will assist the Brutix. I start bouncing belts to find the fight. I want revenge.

I arrive at the costume party just as the Ishkur goes pop.
Damn, Scorps OP. Killed a Titan-killer before it could kill a Titan. Must be a Titan-killer-killer. Pretty sweet.

Ishkur pilot's pod warps out. I decide not to stick around either. Titan and Titan-killer-killer versus industrial just isn't fair.

Pick a random planet, turns out to be Planet I. Warp to 0.

Warp fades away.

See Ishkur pilot's pod, he must be typing something in local.

Lock. Scram. Web.

He comments that his day has just turned sour. Should've told him to join the club, but my itchy trigger finger gets the best of me, and I bid him farewell.

With Blasters.

Hiccuping madly, I grab the corpse and return it to station, then follow the local Titan-Brutix around as it obliderates the Serpentis. I fall asleep behind the pod and vanish into space.

I need a new Brutix.

Moral of the Story:

Sometimes dumbasses can get rewarded.

2 comments:

Spectre said...

Welcome to the blog club Avan :)

Some advice: You should really undock your Myrmidon Dreadnought next time. They are specially suited for killing frigates.

Avan Sercedos said...

I would reveal my next ship, but that would spoil the surprise!